Touch Tablet Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

To iPad or not to iPad? Who can answer my question?

Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

To iPad or not to iPad?  Who can answer my question? Empty To iPad or not to iPad? Who can answer my question?

Post by Dreamcat Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 pm

So, recently I dropped and shattered my Android phone and had to put my sim card into an old (unlocked) iPhone 3GS that I have.
    Having had at least a couple of years using both Android and iOS based phones, I am honestly fine with using either. They both make and receive calls/text messages just fine, which is the most important part for me. I have my likes and dislikes of how each system works, and the apps available, so I find I am evenly split on a preference.

But, when it comes to tablets, I am having a harder time finding the reason for an iPad. Now, if I didn't have an iPhone and still wanted to play around with the apps from Apple's store, I can see where an iPad would be nice to have.
    My issue is that when I have used a friend's iPad, I truly did identify with that infamous saying, "it's just a big iPhone".
    Sure there's some apps that are iPad exclusive, but nothing that I can't duplicate (usually with more functions) on a Windows 8 or even Android tablet.

My question is to those of you who own an iPad. What place in your computing and tablet computing world does it play? Have you tried using an Android or Windows tablet to serve those functions instead? What keeps you coming back to the iPad?

Thanks,
    Dream cat
    chemist75
    chemist75

To iPad or not to iPad?  Who can answer my question? Empty Re: To iPad or not to iPad? Who can answer my question?

Post by chemist75 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 pm

I have a iphone 4s and samsung S3, I prefer my samsung...
    I have a Ipad 2 and the exopc and I plan to by the nexus 10 to replace the ipad
    Now I use my exopc for music, steaming movie to my tv and some work. I use my Ipad for web surfing and email... My girls play more with the ipad then the exopc.
    ghosthost
    ghosthost

To iPad or not to iPad?  Who can answer my question? Empty Re: To iPad or not to iPad? Who can answer my question?

Post by ghosthost Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 pm

I go back and forth between my new iPad mini and my heavily modified NookTablet. Honestly, there's not too much difference, but the fact remains that your more pleasing apps -- eye-candy-wise are written for iOS over Android. Still, I expect serious sea change in the next 12-18 months. The main advantage of the iPad for my uses is that the video playback (AirVideo app using my Win 7 PC as a server) is far more stable than anything Android brings to the table. Yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am