Touch Tablet Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Tim Marcum
Road Runner
6 posters

CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8

Road Runner

CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8 Empty CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8

Post by Road Runner Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm

We all know of this message under W8 about the Chrontel driver not being loaded on the Exopc slate under W8. And some of us know that simply plugging in a HDMI cable before powering on the slate solves it. It's like w8 doesn't handle the "no cable present" situation correctly. Or the driver is not entirely w8 compatible.

I still would like a more elegant solution sometime. So I'm leaving a trace here in the hope that one will be posted one day.

Note: I have not tried to reinstall the driver under compatibility mode. If someone did, let us know if it worked.
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8 Empty Re: CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8

Post by Tim Marcum Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't have this problem. I am able to plug in an HDMI cable either before or after Win 8 has loaded and open Chrontel from my taskbox. I use an Optoma ML500 projector with my EXOPC Slate on a regular basis and I have not had an issue with the Chrontel driver. I did not have to install it under compatibility mode as far as I can remember and I did a complete install from scratch rather than reinstall over the top of Windows 7.
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8 Empty Re: CH7036 driver not loaded on EXOPC under W8

Post by Dreamcat Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

The Chrontel software works for me as well. I use it to show the EXO's display on my TV.
    I installed Chrontel after doing an upgrade to Win8 from Win7.
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

The Chrontel CH7036 Control Bus Device Driver Date is 9/10/2010 and the Driver Version is 1.1.0.4. It says it is signed by the Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher. I installed it from a backup I made of all my drivers when I installed Windows 8 Pro on October 30, 2012.
    alsantini

Post by alsantini Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi all. I have an early EXOPC Slate that I converted to W8. All programs function perfectly however I get the CH7036 error which prevents me from using my hdmi projector. I am on version 1.0.0 Does anyone know where I can get an updated version? Connecting the projector and then powering up does not work. Help appreciated
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 pm

alsantini,
    We have the updated driver right here on the Touch Tablet Community Web site. Check the Sticky post at the too of the Windows Slates section. In fact, all the most recent available drivers for the EXOPC Slate are there.
    alsantini

Post by alsantini Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Tim and all....
    Thanks so much for your help and the drivers. I had some difficulty getting them to work and eventually had to remove all pieces of the left over file using RevoUninstaller. Once I removed the old, I was able to load the new files and it works perfectly.
    I wonder if anyone is using Panda Cloud on their tablet? I have really been pleased with it and especially like the limited memory that it uses.
    Thanks again, Al Very Happy
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

alsantini,

I have never tried Panda Cloud. I have used Microsoft anti-virus & spyware software on my EXOPC since I received it. I went to Panda Cloud's Web site and looked at their free version of their product. It looks like it will do the job, but the most important component in an antivirus program is the user. Based on a person's computer habits, the best software in the world can't protect them when they persist in doing risky things. My daughter has managed to broadcast her e-mail address book so now all my family and her friends are getting e-mails from persons with names we recognize, but spoofed e-mail addresses and suspicious links embeded in them. I am certain someone will click that link and then choose "OK" without really looking to see what they might be installing. Then guess who gets the call to help them with their "broken" computer.
    billsey
    billsey

Post by billsey Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:11 am

I checked my driver version and it was 1.1.0.3. A simple update where I let it look online got it up to 1.1.0.4.
    Road Runner

Post by Road Runner Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm

@Tim Marcum

Tim, just to make sure: are you implying you are not getting the Chrontel driver not loaded message when starting up with no cable plugged in?

Last edited by Road Runner on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

Post by Dreamcat Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Road Runner wrote:@Tim Marcum

Tim, just to make sure: are you implying you are not getting the Chrontel driver not loaded message when starting up with no cable plugged in?

I'm not sure about Tim, but I no longer get the message now that I am on Win8, with the driver deleted and then re-installed afterwards.
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Correct. I do not get any error messages for the Chrontel driver.
    I have an Hauppauge USB digital tuner with Windows Media Center. I hook up my Optoma ML-500 projector and watch a six foot diagonal HDTV picture on my office wall.
    Plantje

Post by Plantje Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am

Last week I connected my EXOPC to a second tv as well. Works nice, though I think the colours look more like VGA/S-VHS than like HDMI.

I was trying to see if I can use the EXOPC as an extender for my mediacenter. But in order to achieve that I need to install mediacenter on the tablet. So I will need to purchase an additional key. And I don't think the EXOPC will like full HD recordings in .wtv format. Do you think that is an issue? I know that the HD card doesn't assist when playing .wtv files.
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I use Windows Media Center and routinely watch HDTV channels with no difficulty. I do not know how you would setup any PC as an extender. Extenders are a special group. Microsoft X-box will act as a Media Center extender and the Ceton Echo will also work, but PCs cannot be configured this way.
    Plantje

Post by Plantje Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

Ok, that sounds good! Now I only need to check if I can improve the video quality of my HDMI out.
    If I install DVB Logic on my mediacenter I think I can put my tuners in the network and any computer will be able to use it as if it were a tuner in that machine. So Windows Media Center on the EXOPC will also see it as an actual on board tuner. Obviously until it is needed by my mediacenter machine.
    And for recorded tv, music etc it is just a matter of sharing the directories Smile
    Tim Marcum
    Tim Marcum

Post by Tim Marcum Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 am

I have two Silicon Gold HomeRun dual network tuners on my home WiFi network. I can use any of those 4 tuners with any computer on my network that has Windows Media Center installed. I have a dedicated X-tremer Ultra in my bedroom hooked to a 40" HDTV; we use that instead of paying monthly rental fees for a second HD-DVR set-top box. I have numerous shows set up to record any episode that isn't already recorded on that computer. Both my kids' laptops can access these tuners as well as my EXOPC. Theoretically, all four computers could be watching or recording live TV similtaneously. This isn't quite the Hopper, but for about a one-time charge of $160 ($80 a piece for the HomeRun devices), it comes close enough, especially since I can't have a satellite dish in my neighborhood.

I can share recorded shows via my Windows Home Server. There is a function that allows files recorded on any machine on the network to be copied automatically to the server's hard drives. From there, I merely setup each computer to read those files to its Media Center library. I keep my entire music collection on the Home Server, too, and can share those files everywhere including my Pioneer AVR in the living room. The server also shares files to the Sony Playstation 3 that is hooked to an old 55" rear projection HDTV in the basement.

I recently bought a Favi Entertainment Smart Stick; this is a gum-package sized, 4.1 Android computer that hooks directly to an HDMI device. I haven't attached it to my system at home yet (I use it at work hooked to my Optima ML-500 Projector), but I assume I will be able to send video files to it from the server as well (via Plex). I intend to connect it to one the of HDMI ports on the Pioneer receiver and be able to watch recorded material on the main TV in the living room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 am