Touch Tablet Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Windows 8-1 RTM

Rob7

Windows 8-1 RTM Empty Windows 8-1 RTM

Post by Rob7 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:47 pm

The final Release to Market version of Windows 8-1 means that computer manufacturers will start putting it on their new computers.  Just replaced my beta software with the RTM, and so far everything seems to working fine.

These of course are for regular computers and not RT models.  Has anyone else tested these out ?
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

Windows 8-1 RTM Empty Re: Windows 8-1 RTM

Post by Dreamcat Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Haven't tested it yet. Waiting for final release so that I don't have to re-install everything.
    Looks like a nice improvement though!
    Plantje

Post by Plantje Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:27 am

I have installed it through the store. It works perfectly: even better... when playing full HD .wtv files (Windows Media Center recordings) in Windows Media Player it uses the Broadcom Crystal HD card. In VLC the card is not used. I am not sure if this is something that has to do with Windows 8.1 or with all the codecs that I installed before doing the upgrade. I will try to figure that out by doing a full install on the EXOPC or my WeTab.

This makes my EXOPC and WeTab a lot more useful!
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

Post by Dreamcat Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 pm

That's great to know!  I'm really liking Win8.1 on my PC's as well.
    Plantje

Post by Plantje Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:24 pm

I just got my WeTab back from my brother. Right now I am just waiting for him to make me administrator again, because I want to reinstall Windows 8.1 from scratch.

I am very curious to know if in Windows 8.1 the Broadcom Crystal HD card is used standard when playing full HD recordings in Windows Media Player. If so, my EXOPC and WeTab really have received a second life! One will be full time mounted in the bath room to enable me to watch live tv and recordings through my media center and the other one will be connected to my old tv in the attic for my daughter while I am working there. Only thing I need to straighten out then is that I still feel that the image quality of my EXOPC connected to that tv is a lot worse than my old pc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm