Touch Tablet Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

{ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen

Céréale
    Céréale

{ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen Empty {ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen

Post by Céréale Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Ello!
    I'm an old member of the old exo forum (by the way, anybody are able to post in the old forum?) please excuse my poor english...
    Unfortunately, my screen are broken, but until today i was able to see the screen just enought longer to be able to activate a second HDMI screen, but now, the screen is plain white at startup.
    Does anybody here are able to figure a key combination on keyboard or something like this so i can activate the HDMI screen blindly?
    Or the only solution is to buy a Surface slate and use the old SSD in a USB box...
    Thank you for your support!
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

{ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen Empty Re: {ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen

Post by Dreamcat Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Bonjour Céréale!

I can figure out how to get to the hidden icons where the Chrontel app is once booted to the Windows 8 home screen. This assumes you can get to the home screen, since you need to input your password first.

Step 1 = Windows key to go to desktop
    Step 2 = pressing the tab key two times to get to the hidden icons
    Step 3 = pressing the enter key to open the hidden icons menu

I cannot figure out how to select an icon in that menu once it is brought up without pressing it with a touch or mouse click.

Maybe someone else would know that step...
    Céréale
    Céréale

{ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen Empty Re: {ExoPc} key combination to activate ext screen

Post by Céréale Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Thank you for your help Dreamcat,
    But finaly i gived up and buyed à Surface slate, my ExoPc SSD will take place in this {oops, can't post external link, but a search with this: "MyDigitalSSD Bullet Proof USB 3.0 mSATA SSD Enclosure
    Adapter - MDMS-BP-USB3" should do it...}
    Because i realised that a slate with a keyboard, a mouse and a remote screen is not a slate anymore! It lacks a bit of "portability"!
    Tomorrow it will be mine!
    Dreamcat
    Dreamcat
    Admin

Post by Dreamcat Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 am

Are you getting an RT or Pro Surface? Let us know how it is! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 pm